SHIELD requests contact information to provide demonstration and other services to site visitors and may request additional information, which visitors are not obligated to provide. The contact and additional information collected by this site is not distributed to, sold to or disclosed to any third party. SHIELD will remove any visitor from our contact list upon request.
This site contains links to other web sites, the privacy policies of which are beyond SHIELD’s control. SHIELD has not reviewed the policies of any other web site and the privacy of visitors to other sites is the visitor’s responsibility.
SHIELD applications are hosted on a separate site. SHIELD does not review, distribute, or reference any such data except as provided in SHIELD’s terms and conditions of use, or for the purpose of resolving a problem, potential problem or support issue, or as may be required by law. Customers are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of their user names and passwords.
Information We Collect Automatically
If you visit our website to browse, read, or download information:
- Your web browser automatically sends us (and we may retain) information such as the:
- Internet domain through which you access the Internet (e.g., yourServiceProvider.com if you use a commercial Internet service provider, or yourSchool.edu if you use an Internet account from your school);
- Internet Protocol address of the computer you are using;
- type of browser software and operating system you are using;
- date and time you access our site; and
- the Internet address of the site from which you linked directly to our site.
- We will use this information as aggregate data to help us maintain this site, e.g., to determine the number of visitors to different sections of our site, to ensure the site is working properly, and to help us make our site more accessible and useful.
- We will not use this information to identify individuals, except for site security or law enforcement purposes.
- We will not obtain personally-identifying information about you when you visit our site, unless you choose to provide such information.
Other Information We Collect
If you choose to identify yourself (or otherwise provide us with personal information) when you use our online forms:
- If you request information, services, or assistance, we may disclose your personal information to those third parties that (in our judgment) are appropriate in order to fulfill your request. If, when you provide us with such information, you specify that you do not want us to disclose the information to third parties, we will honor your request. Note, however, that if you do not provide such information, it may be impossible for us to refer, respond to or fulfill your request.
How Long We Keep Information
We may keep information that will collect for an unlimited period of time.
Please note that electronic communication, particularly email, is not necessarily secure against interception. Please do not send sensitive data (e.g., bank account, or credit card numbers) by email or web form.
For site security purposes this government computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic. Anyone using this system consents to the monitoring of their use by system or security personnel.
In the event of unauthorized intrusion, all relevant information regarding possible violation of law may be provided to law enforcement officials.